Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


Being in the field of audio I require a lot of equipment, equipment I expect to work and last long. I went to Guitar Center a few times and received faulty equipment that was either already broken or broke within a few days of just regular use. Now, of course I was granted full refunds and all was fine but this made me never want to trust Guitar Center ever again. However luckily after being dragged down one last time I coincidentally was just asking questions about certain equipment and little did I know I was talking with the General Manager of Guitar Center, there in Town Square. He was awestruck about my experiences and was determined to make right how I was wronged. I ended up buying about $3000.00 worth of equipment, but with his help he slashed most of the prices down as much he could and gave me the pro insurance coverage for free. Since then I have been back to buy more gear and could not be happier. Whenever I arrive if the GM is there he still remembers me and makes sure I get taken care of while shopping. 

"'Customer-service reps are trained to look on at least three rival Web sites if a shopper asks for specific shoes that Zappos doesn’t have in stock and refer customers accordingly. 'My guess is that other companies don’t do that,” Hsieh says. 'For us, we’re willing to lose that sale, that transaction in the short term. We’re focused on building the lifelong loyalty and relationship with the customer.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment